Tuesday, July 15, 2008

San Francisco officials locked out of computer network

So I was just telling the folks in last weeks class about how I find myself being more and more involved in investigating the IT crowd. Here is an example of somebody exceeding their authority and now you have a network held hostage. Originally I thought the trend wasn't that big of a deal--I'm a third party consultant--people call me when they don't (or won't) use their internal resources, so naturally I get called on those types of situations more than the next guy.

Well, maybe this is truly a growing trend. This, and the rogue IT department issues where Joe-I-use-myspace-so-I-can-fix-u-r-computer really messes up the infrastructure with his rogue access points and what not . . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home