Monday, May 18, 2009

It's always good to have options

When it comes to being creative, it's always good to have options. I hadn't ran into a really good alternative to the WayBack Machine for pulling up old versions of pages. I have used ChangeDetection.com to keep an eye on sites I wanted to know were updated, but weren't updated often enough to have as a favorite. But today I realized they had added a lot of features I hadn't taken advantage of yet.

For example, one site I highly recommend to pentesters, can be tracked as it is changed by using:
"http://www.changedetection.com/log/uk/co/vulnerabilityassessment/penetration%20test_log.html"

The thing is, somebody must have already started monitoring of the page for there to be any history, but it's something work checking for research and finding lost pages. It also can help you sift through information overload. There is an RSS feed option if that is something you use as well.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home